Ethos and Aims
At Four Lanes Community Junior School, we ‘inspire and achieve together’. Every member of the school community is highly motivated and inspired to achieve their very best so that children achieve their full potential both academically and personally. We ensure that children are given the skills and knowledge they need in order to be successful at secondary school and beyond.
- Ensure that everyone is respectful and tolerant. We treat everybody as equals and help children foster a sense of right and wrong, make positive choices and consider the effect of their actions on others;
- Support and challenge children to take responsibility for their learning and conduct through developing a moral and ethical code in order to take their place as caring members of the community and the wider world;
- Develop children’s resilience, so they can overcome adversities, manage their worries and build their confidence to tackle unfamiliar situations;
- Encourage children to aspire to do their very best academically, socially and emotionally. We will provide opportunities for children to develop their skills and talents through all aspects of school life;
- Foster an environment where creativity and individuality are highly valued. We will build their confidence to take risks and explore alternative possibilities.